With the FlexCommunity, the EU H2020 projects edgeFLEX, FEVER and Platone are introducing a platform to collaborate with other projects and stakeholders that work on exploiting flexibilities in the energy system.
The goal of the FlexCommunity is to create a bigger impact by joining forces. We want to:
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the similarities and differences of the technical approaches,
- strengthen cooperation in the development and implementation of advanced organisational structures and business models like energy communities,
- align terminology and communication efforts.
Date: 2nd February 2022
Time: 13:30 - 17:00
The event will be online
Register here for the event and bring your knowdledge to the table when we are kicking off the FlexCommunity!
We are curious: what are your general expectations of the FlexCommunity? Let us know by participating in our little survey: Click here. It won't take longer than 2 minutes and is of course anonymously.
1. Welcome and introduction of the FlexCommunity
Presentation of purpose, organisations, subgroups and planning by Ludwig Karg (B.A.U.M. Consult) and welcome address by Achille Hannoset (European Commission DG Energy)
2. Socrates or Plato – whom shall the future energy system follow?
Panel discussion with Prof. Antonello Monti (RWTH Aachen), Christopher Schneider (Stadtwerk Hassfurt), Esther Hardi (Energy community 2030.nu) and Todor Galev (Center for the Study of Democracy in Sofia)
3. Establishing collective flexibility management and trading
Presentation of use case & joint discussion in breakout sessions on: technology and standards, market and business organisation, involving citizens and enterprises, national and local policies
See the detailed agenda here.